EU-India Relations in 2021
Rewatch the Expert Webinar & Book Launch
In this expert webinar, the editors and contributors to the new book "EU-India Relations – The Strategic Partnership in the Light of the European Union Global Strategy" offered different perspectives on EU-India relations in 2021 and discussed the state of the strategic partnership. Days before the next EU-India summit, you can now rewatch the webinar on YouTube: Just click on the embedded video above.
After welcome remarks and a short presentation of the new book "EU-India Relations" by Philipp Gieg and Manuel Pietzko, Mr. Gunnar Wiegand, Managing Director for Asia and the Pacific at the European External Action Service, and Ambassador Ugo Astuto, Delegation of the European Union to India, delivered keynote speeches. Afterwards, three short talks by Dhanasree Jayaram, Nicolas Köhler-Suzuki and Patryk Kugiel cast spotlights on the state of the EU-India partnership in three policy fields: climate policy, trade, and multilateralism. Finally, the whole panel discussed the state of EU-India relations in 2021.
- Ummu Salma Bava, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Gisela Müller-Brandeck-Bocquet, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Henrik Chetan Aspengren, Swedish Institute of International Affairs (UI), Stockholm
- Stefania Benaglia CEPS Centre for European Policy Studies, Brussels
- Philipp Gieg, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Dhanasree Jayaram, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), India
- Kirsten Jörgensen, Free University of Berlin
- Sangeeta Khorana, Bournemouth University, UK
- Nicolas Köhler-Suzuki, International Trade Intelligence, Paris
- Patryk Kugiel, Polish Institute of International Affairs, Warsaw
- Timo Lowinger, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Axel Nordenstam, Swedish Institute of International Affairs (UI), Stockholm
- Manuel Pietzko, University of Würzburg, Germany
- Siddharth Tripathi, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Berlin
- Pascaline Winand, College of Europe at Natolin, Warsaw
- Neil Winn, University of Leeds
- Anja Zürn, University of Würzburg, Germany
The webinar was organized by the Jean Monnet Chair of Prof. Gisela Mülller-Brandeck-Bocquet at the University of Würzburg, Germany, and the Jean Monnet Chair of Prof. Ummu Salma Bava at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. The video was recorded on 22 April 2021.